Roleplay Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunt begins

Go down

The Hunt begins Empty The Hunt begins

Post by Sen. Crabcakes Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:47 pm

Monsters.

Abominations of man and nature, hell-bent on only destruction and slaughter. The malignant offspring of overactive imaginations given form to haunt the night. Human fears and passions made manifest to birth the very terror that created them. Even the smartest of us feel unease at the idea of the unknown. We ask ourselves "What if it's real? What if I'm not imagining it?" Then we shrug it off and tell ourselves that it's all in our head.

That's what Science claims isn't it? "Monsters" and other creatures are just products of the subconscious, psychoses, phobias. Why else would we fear the dark when  reason and rationality have illuminated so much? Monsters aren't real. They do not exist.

How I wish we were right.

How I wish I didn't know what I know. I know that creatures lurk everywhere, not even in the dark. Sometimes in the brightest day. I know they feed on human fear and blood. They play with us like puppets on a stage, keeping us under their thumb in endless demented power struggles.

But we don't see it. Somehow, either through magic or brainwashing, or some other force I can't even name, No one notices the beasts stalking among them. People are oblivious as a corpse shambles beside them or a blood hungry fiend sits across from their table. We've been trained not to see. Helpless, as we stroll thoughtlessly into our doom. That's the fate for most.

But not us. We're different. How, or why, or even what, I can't begin to say. What are you supposed to do when the scales have been ripped from your eyes and there it stands, pure evil personified in all of its unholy glory,for all its hideous edification? What do you do when you can gaze in the shadows and see their disgusting presence in every corner and facet of your life?

Easy. We do something about it. Some unseen hand has granted us not only sight, but power. The ability to do something about it. The chance to finally stand up to these monstrosities, and say enough is enough . We have the power once and for all to free the world. We are hunters. We know the truth.

There will be a reckoning.

- Witness 1.
Sen. Crabcakes
Sen. Crabcakes

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum